Friday, January 30, 2009

Morcheeba


Well, These past few days I´ve found myself listening to this artist (band, better said). I turn my ear on to Morcheeba's music while I´m working, especially on Mondays... my efforts (usually minimal on Modays) catch up with its rythm. I feel like things are going on, slowly, but still going.

Her music can be described as Chillout mixed with some vocals, which results in a very soft melody, slow beat and whispering voices floating around you. She can make you dozing off, but other tunes quite awake you! like those funky jazz themes sometimes I come across while listening.

Talking about the lyrics, I've founded they rely on the very common topics nowdays. Love, friendship, and feelings above all. Though I remember one song called "Woman lose weight", which tells about a frustrated husband who kills his wife because she's become a whole lot fat and unattractive. "I had to kill her"...

Haven´t checked the band history on wikipedia however, but I´m sure she´s worth it.

Check out this fabulous url: http://www.nutsie.com/music/Morcheeba. Take your time skipping some songs.
I'll talk about Nutsie somewhere else all right?

2 comments:

  1. Ciao Juan. Your blog is a wonderful idea: it's a perfect exercise for english (!!!), it's a good way to keep in touch and to feel a little bit closer.
    I promise that i'm going to write u when I'll have time. A warm hug

    CIACI

    ReplyDelete