Sunday, January 25, 2009

Snow



What can I say about snow? From start, it is my favorite water state over Earth (liquid water's so normal, and water gas's normally invisible and if not, ephemeral).

When it snows, it just reminds me to Christmas time, which leads on thinking in winter and definitely, my beloved family. No other image comes to my mind when it comes about comfort: Being inside a little cottage, looking through the window seeing how the snow falls down slowly while you are nearby a bright fire, reading maybe a nice book.

Have you ever noticed that, even though it might be snowing hard, snow flakes do not make a sound when hitting the ground? they may be as big as fists but when touching down they're as silent as hell. Kind of shocking. (Am I mad?)

What about stepping on snow? It's just so nice stepping on a virgin pile of snow on the ground... not only for the sound it makes (which is... like compacting), but in other to destroy such a beautiful structure, talking at a molecular level.

Structure of snow flakes is just amazing, look at the picture. Damn! perfectly symmetrical. But you don't need to look at them under microscope as in the picture to figure out their structure. I remember while skiing, gotten one single flake on my glove, and fixing my eyes on it I discovered its truly appearance, and it was like... oh god! this is real!

Besides, without snow no winter sport would be possible to play (excepting those that can be played on sand instead of snow... yes, they exist...)
But I will cover the topic relating skiing in other post, not yet.

Enjoy these days, because snow luckily wont stop falling, and you couldn't go to school, to work or whatever linked to an strict timetable, and if really lucky, you'll get snowed in and not doing much more than sit down and relax for the rest of the day!

By the way, it's snowing here in Leon... lightly, but constant :)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome, Juancho!!

    Bueno, yo no escribo en inglés porque ahora no me da la cabeza, de todos modos felicidades por crearlo, ya somos dos abrasadores con blog. jaja.
    que el gobernador de Libia acompañe a este espacio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gracias Tisi, thanks for becoming a follower of my blog. Respect man! :P

    ReplyDelete