Friday, January 23, 2009

Scatman John


I usually come back to Scatman John when feeling blue. He has the special ability of cheering me up with his music. Surely you know him, that's why I wont extend talking about his songs. Remarkable "Scatman's world" theme, and the universal "Scatman" very well-known all over the world. Ski-ba-bop-ba-dop-ba... damn, once I was able to do it. One of my favorites is "Everything changes". Sung in slow beat, clear message and good Johnny givin' out the real vibe. The beginning of this song inspires me a curious scene, clear night under the stars, driving an expensive brand-new sports car along a non-traffic road way, surrounded by bright skyscrapers reflecting the city lights on the go while feeling the world is absolutely yours, like going in the right direction. Ah... (Probably this feeling comes from a computer game. Surely "Midnight Club 2")

Ploughing through wikipedia random pages I came across Scatman John. Did you know he was awarded by the Stammering community and got 14 gold LPs throughout his career? One of his sentences shocked me> "turning my biggest problem into my biggest asset". Also, he tried hard to convince listeners that life is not as hard as it seems. Well, when you listen to his songs you feel cheered up, and your moral rises quickly... at least that is what I feel.

He died in 1999 due to a lung cancer. Despite knowing it, a new last LP was released in the same year, as a present for everybody.

He was such a big dreamer, showing his trend on equality, happiness and most of all, respect.

Good ones die early (relatively). But John left a deep footprint over the word while he lived. He deserved it.

Cheers Scatman John, this one's for you!

|MazZzta|

No comments:

Post a Comment