Monday, June 29, 2009

No sense at all, part 3

I jumped onto the next room. In a blink, I saw the lamp nearby the armchair falling over, and the shutter over the armchair thumping violently back and forth. I run to it and peered to the outside. Nothing was there. The street was empty, well, almost empty. A black cat was crossing from one side to the other. He stopped and gazed at me. His expression was like "what the hell?". He leaped a fence and disappeared.

I closed the shutter and turned around. Jeez Louis... What's wrong with you, boy?. When I went back to the kitchen I saw the earring again, and felt a shiver running along my back. I didn't touch it. Neither move it or drag it or pick it up. I just stood there looking at it, as if it was somewhat "alive". Something was telling me that If I touched it, I'd ended up being a victim of murder once again.

I learnt we both could live that way. I did not touch it and it did not try to kill me. However, that tactic didn't reassure me at all. I couldn't stay near that thing for long, even more, I couldn't stay in the same building, so I took my coat and left the house. I needed time to think about what had happened, and give it a try to sink in.

I opened the door and directly run into Terah's presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment